Collaborators’ Day Kickoff Webinar Recordings and Slides
Every year, the Laboratory for Analytic Sciences (LAS) formally kicks off its annual planning cycle by releasing its Call for White Papers for 2022 LAS Activities. The Call for White Papers sets the stage for LAS Collaborators’ Day, an annual event hosted in June. This event is designed to attract uniquely qualified academic and industry partners who are interested in working with LAS. This afternoon-only event has traditionally consisted of an introductory session followed by an open discussion with LAS research and analytical staff.
Collaboration is the heart of LAS, and we are always looking for new partners. We strive to bring together multidisciplinary teams that incorporate the best of government, industry, and academia. Our aim, as always, is to ‘bring the outside in’ to address IC mission challenges through the development of prototypes and demonstration of novel proofs of concept. We work by using unclassified mission-driven exemplars that also have applicability to academic and commercial partners and link these mission exemplars to IC corporate goals, strategies, and requirements. We augment these project teams with IC researchers and analysts, who work full time on-campus and hand-in-hand with team members to deliver mission-relevant solutions to better support today’s intelligence analysts.
To build on the success of Virtual Collaborators Week in 2020 and as we continue to make great progress in the collaborative fight against COVID-19, LAS Virtual Collaborators’ Weeks will again be a 100% virtual affair that will run in segments from Tuesday, June 15th through Friday, July 2nd, 2021. The planned agenda is as follows:
- Collaborators’ Week Office Hours — Wednesday, 16 June – Friday, 2 July: Starting Wednesday, June 16, and continuing through Friday, July 2, LAS staff members and selected stakeholders will host “office hour” sessions via Google Meet. These office hour sessions will provide you the opportunity to speak with LAS staff who have related interests about your project ideas and potential collaborations. These sessions will be organized along the general and specific areas of the interests described in Sections 3 and 4, and potential collaborators are highly encouraged to attend those areas they are interested in.
- If you have questions about how LAS operates, working with LAS, contract questions, or the white paper submission process, please also sign up for a session under Work with Us.
- You will sign up for a 10 or 15-minute slot via the Google Appointments Calendars linked below.
- You are permitted to sign up for more than one Office Hour time slot, but please do not bring the same idea or discussion to every session. Please have specific topics to discuss related to the theme of the Office Hour.
- To ensure confidentiality, these Office Hours sessions will not be recorded. Screenshots are strictly prohibited.
- You may share your screen but we advise keeping slides or demo to an absolute minimum.
- All times below are EDT.
- Interested parties are encouraged to prepare questions in advance, as the ten minutes will go by quickly.
- Linked below is a Google Appointment Calendar containing time slots for all Office Hour themes. Please ensure you are signing up for the correct Office Hour(s) based on your research area(s) of interest and your availability for that specific day and time slot.
- A Google Meet link will be added to your calendar hold prior to your scheduled meeting.
Sign Up for Office Hours with Members of LAS Research Teams
Work with Us – each calendar appointment slot is for 10 minutes
- Office Hour #1: Wednesday, June 16th, 1030 – 1130
- Office Hour #2: Friday, June 18th, 1000 – 1100
- Office Hour #3: Friday, June 25th, 1100 – 1200
- Office Hour #4: Wednesday, June 30th, 1100 – 1200
Analyst Performance – each calendar appointment slot is for 15 minutes
- Office Hour #1: Friday, June 18th, 1530 – 1700
- Office Hour #2: Tuesday, June 22nd, 1200 – 1330
- Office Hour #3: Tuesday, June 29th, 1400 – 1530
Machine Learning Applications – each calendar appointment slot is for 15 minutes
- Office Hour #1: Wednesday, June 16th, 1500 – 1630
- Office Hour #2: Friday, June 18th, 1300 – 1430
- Office Hour #3: Tuesday, June 22nd, 1430 – 1600
Information Retrieval and Knowledge Management– each calendar appointment slot is for 15 minutes
- Office Hour #1: Wednesday, June 16th, 1300 – 1430
- Office Hour #2: Wednesday, June 23rd, 1300 – 1430
- Office Hour #3: Wednesday, June 30th, 1300 – 1430
Information Retrieval with Voice Data – each calendar appointment slot is for 15 minutes
Content Search for Video and Images – each calendar appointment slot is for 15 minutes
Knowledge Graph Applications – each calendar appointment slot is for 15 minutes
If you do not already receive our communications, please Connect with Us to be a part of our mailing list to receive this information in your inbox. If you have additional questions, please send a note to the LAS Outreach and Partner Engagement Director, Jamie Roseborough, at email@example.com.